- Patients are seen within 24 hours of discharge from hospital except when patients otherwise make other arrangements (ie physician visits, patient preference, etc.)
- Provide RN services for 5-FU treatments, hydration in home, IV management and troubleshooting (PICC, PORT, and other types Central Lines). Lab draws as requested by physician can be performed at home while under service and coordinated with following physicians.
- 24 hour/7 days a week, available on-call RN for triage and support, questions or concerns, physician coordination as needed
- Services available: Registered Nurses, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Medical Social Worker, Registered Dietician, and Certified Home Health Aides
- Medical social worker available to help patient and family with community resources as well as to begin any upcoming counseling needs so that patient/family may receive the appropriate referrals.
- Case Management is filtered through RN Supervisors in the office to ensure that a physician can always contact a and coordinate with an RN.
- Additional set up of 5FU, home IV hydration, and other IV needs can be facilitated by Victory through the physician’s IV pharmacy of choice.
At Each Visit
- Nurses on the case will perform a cardiopulmonary assessment, vital signs, weights, and any other ordered care such as labs, wound care, chemotherapy, etc. Any abnormal findings will be communicated to the physician so that the nurse can effectively aid in its management.
- Medications will be checked for proper dose, frequency, route, side effects, and knowledge of action.
- The plan of care includes: disease process education, pain, safety measures, emergency plan and management of patient’s overall condition which may include social work, dietary consultation, and certified nursing assistant.
Hospital Case Management, 2010 February; 18(2):22,27.
The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) has advised congress that of the 30% re-hospitalizations, 76% of these readmissions may be preventable. Through the use of Victory Home Care Services, we can all work together as a team to reduce re-hospitalizations (Eva Ward, RN Administrator, Victory Home Care)
For referrals or questions please feel free to contact (480) 726-6553 or fax (480) 726-3329.