- Registered Dietician scheduled with each diabetic management patient for individualized assessment and diet regimen education.
- Prevent re-hospitalization through patient health coaching
- Accuchecks and patient/caregiver reviewed to make sure appropriate knowledge on how to safely do fingerstick testing. Log forms provided and reviewed by RNs on each visit for management and physician notification as necessary.
- Diabetic LEAP test (Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention) upon admission and education given to patient/caregiver for continued maintenance and management. RN Case Manager for periodic follow up.
- 24 hour/7 days a week, available on-call RN for triage and support, questions or concerns, physician coordination as needed
- Services available: Registered Nurses, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Medical Social Worker, Registered Dietician, and Certified Home Health Aides
- Case Management is filtered through RN Supervisors in the office to ensure that a physician can always contact a and coordinate with an RN.
At Each Visit
- Nurses on the case will perform a head to toe assessment, vital signs, weights, and any other ordered care such as labs, wound care, etc. Any abnormal findings will be communicated to the physician so that the nurse can effectively aid in its management.
- Medications will be checked for proper dose, frequency, route, side effects, and knowledge of action.
- The plan of care includes: disease process education, s/s of hypo/hyperglycemia, skin/foot care, insulin administration, safety measures, emergency plan and management of patient’s overall condition which may include social work, dietary consultation, and certified nursing assistant.
Hospital Case Management, 2010 February; 18(2):22,27.
The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) has advised congress that of the 30% re-hospitalizations, 76% of these readmissions may be preventable. Through the use of Victory Home Care Services, we can all work together as a team to reduce re-hospitalizations (Eva Ward, RN Administrator, Victory Home Care)
For referrals or questions please feel free to contact (480) 726-6553 or fax (480) 726-3329.